Saturday, August 1, 2009

11.25.99

Christine and I fought like village idiots today until I extended a golden hand after drawing leeway (from her smile) and saying two crucial words (to any female in distress) "I'm sorry." Really the whole damn business was my fault for putting too much weight in the Council incident and others' opinions. These two mis-readings caused me to act like a jackass the last two days. After school she told me that "we're back on the same page" [Ed. note: for future reference--Christine told me a secret Monday that she smoked pot for the first time Saturday with Jesse and clan before seeing The Legend of Sleeping Hollow]. I'm glad we're on amicable terms again so we can love each other and find hilarity in the tiny things again. We lost to Notre Dame at basketball by 20 (should've been a lot more--I got 13). We're young and re-building. I got annoyed with Mark and Brian when I returned to school and relayed the result. They proceeded to trash the team not realizing how good Notre Dame was and how average we actually are. Brian is motivated by jealousy he has yet to detect (I hope when he does it hits him hard). Mark is a mass of ignorance and assumption regarding the team. It didn't help that a friend and an enemy were present for this charade--Geoff and Lee. This season I now have a platform--prove 'em all wrong. Just like in Junior--only without the supporting cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment