Monday, August 10, 2009

12.5.99

I am writing unorthodoxly on a Sunday night to best re-capture my wonderful Friday. It started with Adam and I getting drunk in my room as Christine stood us up. By chance, for dinner we went to Andrea's McDonald's and she asked us if we were headed to Jordan's. Previously I had denied this option--only unconsciously realizing my beautiful Sarah would be there. John provided the chariot and I spent the night in conspiracy with my love. I described my drunk as "one of my five best" but in reality it was Sarah's prescence, not the poison. We sat side by side on a couch in his basement (memories of Lauren's--deja vu) and showed affection through conversation. She was drunk. But intercourse was extraordinary. She rifled through my wallet and asked why I had no pictures of her. She responded passionately to my top-form humour (including Adam and I's pubic hair jokes about her Prom date Jordan and the "unrelated" hair in her mouth). She gave me a beer label and told me to cherish it as it was from her. I put it in my wallet and said "I'll always keep it." I fed her my "fire-water" (rum--she appreciated the humour--I called it "French"). When tragedy came and the party dispersed I stole one last look at the couch where, in pulchrous retrospect, my love and I spent the WHOLE party (save when she went upstairs to get beer and go to the washroom). God bless Christine and her disguised gift of ignorance. Adam said I was the "fucking money." I was. He claimed there was an incident on the stairs where he inquired to her about me and she said she "liked me a lot." Don't lie drunken friend/Your jest could mean my end. I was so drunk that when I got home, in my giddiness, I looked up her phone number to no avail and instead read my poetry (3 poems) on Meagan's answering machine--so embarrassing! Sarah masks all. I love and hurt again. As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to Prom with her.

1 comment: