Sunday, August 16, 2009

12.13.99

Sarah has assuredly advanced to "Hi Geordie" and knowing smiles. And I have evolved to expressing affection in glances across the cafeteria, smiles at close range, and salutes--but not yet actual words. I passed Andrea in the halls and she was listening to her discman. I did not acknowledge initially, but as I passed I felt her stare. It was a blank/beautiful "are you ignoring my angelic eyes?" look and I recovered quickly. I saluted off my back foot and she smiled and winked and glowed. Meagan talked to me briefly, telling me about her dress and the finalized Prom plans she promised later. Unfortunately, as a morose poet I always derive negativity and she did not disappoint. I was chatting with Jimmy when I turned and heard "Jimmy" from my beauty's voice. She had no purpose other than to use him as a transitionary figure into the intercourse with me. It passed Jimmy, unknowing, thought I cannot let her nervousness/anxiety/fear/self-loathing pass. Monica from behind was gorgeous. "Y2 Keg" party at Mark W.'s, probably. I inquired as to the nature of the guest list, specifically fishing for a particular Grade 10 (Sarah). The issue remains unsettled, though 2000 (arbitrary, remember?!) better welcome with Sarah or I will live, die, exhaust myself trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment