Thursday, May 7, 2009

9.27.99

Monica is dating Gordon and I'm a Grade 12 Student Council Year Rep by a landslide. I can't decide which of today's events are more impactful. I know it's the Council because I'll convince myself Monica was just a passing fancy. It may, however, be another of my 'blown' opportunities. Dave's in on Council and Fraser isn't which, painful as it was at the time, has subsided now. He couldn't have expected to win. Though it would have been very nice. I observed a characteristic of rationalizing human persona today. Ryan, a rival politician who I defeated, said to me first thing in English class after initial congrats: "2 votes. You beat me by 2 votes." He said it in the softest, nicest of tones and my victory masked this jealousy. Yet, why did he say it? Geoff, who counted the ballots, said I won easily. I trust him a lot more in this matter obviously. Hmm. We're odd creatures when pride infuses its chaotic side.

No comments:

Post a Comment