Thursday, May 28, 2009

10.11.99

Monica said I should help her with her spikes at McQuaid because I was "strong." Now I hear from my sister that she tells her that I am funny. I heard it last night and floated for a paradise of 5 minutes. Reality can be so cruel. Tonight I watched a special on The 100 Most Influential People of the Millenium. I was so humbled by their collective genius that when I read my poetry tonight I felt it was crappy.

Top 5:
1. Guttenberg, Jonas (printing press)
2. Newton, Isaac
3. Luther, Martin
4. Darwin, Charles
5. Shakespeare, Willy

Maybe one day I'll get there. Christine stopped by for 5 minutes and I was enamoured by her, per usual. At Geoff's kegger Saturday I limited myself to two minor embarassments (better than the countless ones from last year's: 1) Meagan 2) Bronwyn 3) standing 4) U2). This year's crimes: 1) Eventually telling Christine, without provocation, that I crushed for Monica; followed shortly after by 2) Writing lyrics to "Ballad in Plain D" by the immortal one in marker on a plastic cup and showing them to Adam and Christine. Thankfully these embarassments occured after many of the Ignorants departed. I slept in a bed with Adam because we were drunk yet Freud would still go nuts. Go to Hell Siggy! I love Monica, Hannah, Christine, and Meagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment