Monday, June 29, 2009

11.8.99

My prayers have been answered. Thoughts have been quelled. Prom is upon me as I live the future in the present. I asked Meagan tonight and she gracefully accepted (I knew it all along). I asked in a comedic way, for I had been scheming a routine since lunch today. I blame (thank!) Steve C. for asking if I was going with her. I have thus avoided Krystina (which wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world) and Lauren (who hinted blatantly that we should go--again?!). I jumped when Meagan confirmed and my heart won't stop jumping until the fateful night. Christine commissioned me to ask Brian and Mark about going with her. Unfortunately when the subject of her came up naturally in my living room today, their responses were much less than amiable. Mark told Brian to "get a date fast--before she asks you." Geoff asked how he could avoid her at school to which Brian replied he wasn't there that often anyway and if he saw her name on the call display, he wouldn't pick it up. Fraser glanced at me to communicate our agreeable sentiments--how are we going to tell her the news?! When Geoff suggested a run through of the asking, Mark played Christine and mocked her persistent utterance of the use of "love, and dear" which endears me to her so much. I was hurt for the girl who was slowly (is slowly) becoming my best friend (I can tell her anything). Monica got drunk Saturday at the OFSAA party at Nick's. She was a horrible drunk and it was Gord's fault for her state. We (Monica--my love--and I) had many humorous discussions--one at the start of the day, in-depth, about her endeavours on Saturday. Sarah sat in the library, 5 feet away and ate my heart. We small-talked about Friday's party at Lauren's: which got broken up just as we were sitting alone on her big couch, directly side by side (she making no effort to move--me reminded of Meagan and Mulan last March). She turned around at least twice to illustrate her eavesdropping approval of my humorous rhetoric. All and all a tremendous weekend with all of my angels! Excluding today for Christine. Gosh I love Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment